From San Fernando, California
Ninth trimester student
A Typical Tuesday
- 6:45 am: I wake up, brush my teeth, and drink some water before heading to kitchen patrol (KP).
- 7:15 am: I have breakfast KP in the lodge, which is where we help the chefs prepare and clean up meals. I am a KP leader and really like it. I usually stick with doing dishes and pots because I’m fast and actually clean them well. Once I’m finished, I help out with other jobs. When we’re done, I clock out and eat some huevos and bacon. Then I clock back in and help finish cleaning.
- 9:30 am: I head to my morning class, which is Neuroscience in the science and math building. During class breaks, I always stay in the classroom and catch up on work or listen to music.
- 11:45 am: Class ends, and I head out to KP because we usually have two shifts in a row, depending on the day.
- 2:00 pm: I go to Gathering in the lodge. I either focus on what Gathering is on or daydream if I want time to myself.
- 2:30 pm: I head to my afternoon class called Business Design. Our teacher, Kathy, greets us at the door, and I always give her a big hug.
- 4:45 pm: Class ends, and I head back to my house, Juniper, to relax before dinner.
- 7:00 pm: I head to enrichment in the Learning Resource Center. My enrichment this trimester is about life after Eagle Rock and applying to college. We usually check in to see how people are doing, talk about taking the SATs, and work on our Common Application profiles.
- 9:00 pm: Once enrichment is done, I head home and do my chores before going to bed.