Do you believe in the power of young people, educators, and communities to enact changes they want to see in education? Are you able to activate individual and community brilliance? Would you like to work at an intentionally-diverse, tuition-free boarding school based on antiracism, relationships, and beloved community?
POSITION TITLE: Professional Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Professional Development
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Professional Development Associate is responsible for facilitating educational change rooted in the power and voice of young people, educators, and communities with a relentless antiracist, social justice lens.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors or Masters degree; antiracist and social justice analysis of education; strong facilitation and organizational skills; deep foundation of experience in, and understanding of, public schools; experience with multiple frameworks for facilitating educational empowerment and change; connections with networks and individuals committed to liberatory educational change; ability to work collaboratively with students, Eagle Rock colleagues, and networks of external partners; experience working with diverse young people including individuals who identify as LGBTQ+ and individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following attributes: a deep love of young people; the embodiment of an antiracist, social justice commitment; team mentality; adept interpersonal skills; visionary thinking; a commitment to lifelong learning; boundless energy; seasoned judgment; and an appreciation for the fact that working at a residential school is more of a calling than a job.
- Facilitate change processes and professional learning: With an antiracist lens and commitment to empowerment, the PDC Associate facilitates learning spaces for external and internal stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating cohorts of changemakers to cultivate capacity and connection in order to make changes that lead to liberatory education for high schoolers. In addition, the PDC Associate teaches in our alternative licensure program and facilitates organization-wide professional learning.
- Engage as a member of the professional development team: The PDC Associate works together with the rest of the PDC team to develop vision and strategy, and implement various initiatives and projects including accreditation, metrics and outcomes, and internal team meetings.
- Facilitate Presentations of Learning: The PDC Associate is responsible for student Presentations of Learning (POLs) at the end of each trimester, including recruiting external panelists, facilitating professional learning for panelists, and managing the POL schedules and events.
- Facilitate Student Ambassador Program: The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership program empowering Eagle Rock students to be partners in professional development work. The PDC Associate provides ongoing leadership development and supports students to fulfill projects of their own design, as well as to be active facilitators and contributors to professional development internally and externally.
- Participate in our residential school community: Duties related to residential school membership include participating in the following: student advisory, evening and weekend duty, community meetings, chores, service projects and house teams. Willingness to serve as a residential house parent should the need arise.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (phone number and email address) as one document submitted through https://tinyurl.com/PDCAssociateEagleRock. Clarifying questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will ONLY accept electronic submissions through the link above. NO paper or fax materials will be considered.
Our ideal timeline is listed below, but we are committed to hiring the right candidate. Please do not be discouraged from applying if this timeline would need to be adjusted for you.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: March 1, 2021
Eagle Rock is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not tolerate any form of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions at Eagle Rock are based on merit and to the principle of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with both the letter and spirit of this policy, Eagle Rock will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic. Therefore members of racial/ethnic minorities and other protected classes are encouraged to apply.