Position Title: Director of Operations
Reports To: Head of School
Employment Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The Director of Operations serves as part of Eagle Rock’s administrative leadership team. In general, the position is involved in long-term Facilities, Finance, Technology, and Human Resources planning; supervision of the operations team; and high-level delivery of daily operations services to support the mission of Eagle Rock.
Qualifications & Essential Duties and Responsibilities: BS/BA required in a related field, MS/MA preferred, 7-10 years of progressive operations leadership responsibility, ideally in a school setting. Experience living and working in a residential setting is preferred. Ideally, broad experience with facility/plant management, human resources, finance, risk management, and administration or specific experience with facility management and capacity to oversee the other areas as listed above. Experience working with diverse populations including a mix of LGBT students; students from low-income backgrounds; and students from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Serve as part of the leadership team as it relates to organization-wide goals and initiatives as well as daily operations
- Provide operations support to Head of School, other directors, and leadership
- Represent operations in collaboration with the Head of School to the Board of Directors
- Engage deeply and fully with our strategic focus areas and organizational priority of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Facility / Plant Management
- Overall responsibility for ongoing maintenance, capital improvements and functional and aesthetic upkeep of campus buildings and grounds
- Live on campus and serve on an on-call basis for issues that may arise (driving the plow truck, unclogging drains, responding to other emergencies, etc.)
- Supervise 2 maintenance employees
- Oversee all human resources functions with support from operations staff and Honda Human Resources, Benefits, and Associate Relations Departments.
- Supervise administrative and HR staff
- Oversee all aspects of the budget, reporting, accounting, and audit components of Eagle Rock in collaboration with Eagle Rock accountant and Honda finance department.
- Supervise accountant
Risk Management & Crisis Response
- Work with program and operations staff to ensure that all instructional experiences are appropriately planned and implemented in a manner that manages risk at an acceptable level and is consistent with professional standards
- Co-Chair risk management committee including oversight of all aspects of school safety including vehicles, insurances, legal compliance, programing, facilities, and all aspects of crisis response including relationships with local first responders, regular drills, and documentation of all activities
- Oversee internet, hardware, and software infrastructure including FileMaker Pro database and other school wide data management systems
- Supervise part-time IT manager who manages much of the above
- Live on campus and provide operations support consistent with the needs of a 24/7 school
- Respond to emergencies as needed
- Share your unique skills with the school (e.g., music, spiritual practices, poetry, yoga, hiking, magic tricks, etc…).
- Be an active member of the ERS community beyond this job description
Competitive salary and benefits package & On-campus housing.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, brief skills self-assessment that indicates results produced in the major areas of responsibility listed above, and 3 professional references (phone number and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clarifying questions can be sent to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We ONLY accept electronic submissions. No paper or fax materials will be considered.
Eagle Rock is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not tolerate any form of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions at Eagle Rock are based on merit and to the principle of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with both the letter and spirit of this policy, Eagle Rock will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic. Members of racial/ethnic minorities and other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to finding the right person. This timeline is offered to give applicants a sense of our ideal process. We intend to do as much as we possibly can to stick to this plan. However, we do realize that there might be a circumstance with the best candidate that would require us to shift our plan. We hope the right person is not dissuaded from applying by incongruence between their commitments and our timeline.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Phone Interviews: Mid October – Early November
- Onsite Interviews: November
- Start Date: December 1, 2020