Context of the Position Opening
Professional Development Center Associate at Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center
We seek an experienced facilitator of adult professional development who also possesses classroom-based experiences in progressive education reform models. Make a difference in public secondary education as we accelerate change through our unique asset-based approach. Design and facilitate change processes in some of the most innovative schools and organizations across the country. The ideal candidate has the habit of improving everything they touch. We never quit looking for new ways to increase our reach and impact. We value results and metrics but only when tied to what we believe in. We are not subject to irrelevant reports from funders or government nor do we need to develop a revenue stream. We choose work we believe in and our partners request our services again and again. You will join a tight-knit team focused on performance and will be balancing much autonomy with some strong team structures. The candidate makes a lifestyle choice to travel frequently, manage multiple projects simultaneously and learn quickly. Finally, you will become a contributing member of a renowned independent boarding high school serving a diverse student body. If this sounds like you continue to the directions for how to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter, a resume, a brief skills self-assessment that indicates results produced in each of the six major areas of responsibility listed below, and 3 professional references (phone number and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clarifying questions can be sent to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We ONLY accept electronic submissions. NO paper or fax materials will be considered.
We are committed to finding the right person and are accepting submissions on a rolling basis.
POSITION TITLE: PDC Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Professional Development
JOB OBJECTIVE: The PDC Associate serves on the Professional Development Center (PDC) team. The position requires design and delivery of professional development around the United States while becoming a member of the Eagle Rock School (ERS) community. The PDC Associate performs the primary duties described below as well as actively participates in other duties related to a residential, community based high school. This includes a willingness to serve as a residential house parent should the need arise.
QUALIFICATIONS: BS/BA in Education or related Degree(s); strong organizational and leadership skills; desire and ability to facilitate adult leaders through change processes and experience with variety of progressive school designs. Desire to engage in a residential learning community.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Masters degree, five years teaching experience and working with diverse populations of staff and students with particular experience working with underserved communities.
- Design and facilitate professional development and change processes. Participate in internal and external professional development (PD) deliveries from pre-work, delivery and follow up. Includes support of visiting educators, Public Allies Fellows, Eagle Rock Staff, and education partners throughout the United States. Eagle Rock has a unique assets-based approach to facilitation that focuses on helping schools and organizations implement the changes they want to make in the service of student engagement.
- Measuring and reporting success. Assist with design and implementation of internal metrics to assess national impact
- Oversee accreditation processes. Lead or assist reporting for accreditation including writing, reporting and event logistics.
- Develop new dissemination strategies. Assist with developing new dissemination initiatives which could include webinars, web sites and other new technologies
- Engage as member of professional development team. Team members support any activity of any other team member including but not limited to supporting student presentations of learning, contributing blog posts, and recruiting candidates for the Public Allies fellowship. Balance autonomy with tight team structures. Willingness to step in to lead in another team member’s area of responsibility should the need arise and take on tasks as assigned by the director of professional development.
- Engage in residential school community. Duties related to residential school membership include participating in the following: student advisory, evening and weekend duty, community meetings, chores, service projects and house teams. Willingness to serve as a residential house parent should the need arise.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Eagle Rock is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not tolerate any form of unlawful discrimination. All employment decisions at Eagle Rock are based on merit and to the principle of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with both the letter and spirit of this policy, Eagle Rock will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Therefore members of racial/ethnic minorities and other protected classes are encouraged to apply.